UltraEdit macro: go to next/previous white space

In UltraEdit, you can control what delimiter characters are used when you double click or use control+left/right - do it through the Advanced > Configuration dialog, as per below.


I got rid of the underscore character so that my copy/cut/paste macros would work on variable names that include it.

However, sometimes I really just want to jump to the next white space character, ignoring all the delimiters. Most commonly I want this when I am editing something with/a/lot/of/paths. Instead of hitting control+right arrow nine times, I would much rather hit a keyboard shortcut once.

So, here are the two shortcuts I use for this. I map this one to Control+Alt Right Arrow.
InsertMode
ColumnModeOff
HexOff
PerlReOn
Find RegExp " |\t|
"
Key RIGHT ARROW
Key LEFT ARROW
I map this one to Control+Alt Left Arrow.
InsertMode
ColumnModeOff
HexOff
PerlReOn
Find RegExp Up " |\t|
"
Key LEFT ARROW
Key RIGHT ARROW

Popular Posts